WAKEFIELD, Mass., Feb. 27, 2018 — 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, a BBB A+ rated home service company with more than 1,000 five-star reviews online, offers Boston-area homeowners advice on the benefits of switching their current heating system to natural gas.
“Homeowners can save money on heating bills even during the coldest winters by converting to natural gas,” said Ryan Williams, general manager of 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric. “We’ve converted hundreds of houses to natural gas over the years. As a National Grid VPI Installer, we’ve been able to help our customers save thousands every year while increasing their homes’ performance.”
Natural Gas Offers Several Benefits:
- No surprise fuel outages. Oil can run out when homeowners least expect it, and switching to natural gas will eliminate the need to monitor remaining fuel levels.
- Lower energy bills. Natural gas heating systems can save homeowners on their monthly energy bills. High-efficiency gas furnaces are typically much less expensive to run than electric or oil-fired boiler systems.
- Efficient. Switching to natural gas can help homeowners save up to 30 percent on fuel costs. Natural gas appliances and heating systems work faster, more efficiently, and produces more heat than their oil- and electric-based counterparts.
- Eco-friendly and clean. As the cleanest burning fossil fuel, natural gas also eliminates the need for a tank that could potentially spill or leak. The evolution of efficient gas-burning appliances has helped reduce the amount of gas consumed even as the fuel becomes more popular.
- Convenient. With a gas system, there are no more oil deliveries needed throughout the winter.
“In addition to these benefits, gas systems are more favorable to use,” Williams said. “Older oil systems may release unpleasant smells in the basement and are often very noisy. Newer gas systems don’t release such a smell, run more quietly, and usually take up less space.”