Few homeowners think about their HVAC systems until something goes wrong. Occasionally they consider upgrades, and when the time is right they’re willing to buy a new system. Other than that, though, though, the HVAC system remains an afterthought.
This is exactly the wrong approach to take with your Wakefield HVAC system. It’s one of the most important and valuable parts of your home, and getting it serviced regularly can save you money, enhance your lifestyle and make your life a lot easier when you do have problems. What follows is a rundown of some of the things that are typically involved ion HVAC services.
What Are Wakefield HVAC Services?
To understand why you need HVAC services in Wakefield, you need to know what they are. Here’s a quick list of the basics:
- A brief interview to review your HVAC system and determine your needs
- Inspect your system. A comprehensive AC inspection uncovers the potential need for repairer parts replacement early
- Identify any potential problems and address the need for possible upgrades
- Do an HVAC system tuneup
- Make any basic repairs after giving you an estimate for the cost of the work
- Address any cost issues and tell you about available rebates for new products
- Schedule your next maintenance call and address what you need to do between now and then
This isn’t quite a complete list. It doesn’t include installation or major repairs, nor does it include getting a new system. These are more complex services and they usually involve a different set of needs and benefits, including products backed by excellent warranties.
Why You Need HVAC Services in Wakefield
There are many reasons you need HVAC systems, but we’ll start with the most important ones and do a thorough breakdown.
Reduce the Number and Frequency of HVAC System Breakdowns in Wakefield
Breakdowns are somewhat inevitable with your HVAC system, but only when it gets older and starts giving you signs that you need a new one.
Before that happens, you can prevent breakdowns by performing basic services that will often prevent problems from happening. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Change the filter. Dirty filters can make your HVAC system to run inefficiently, and they can even cause complete breakdowns. Changing the filter is an easy and inexpensive way to prevent either of these things from happening and reduce your energy costs.
- Tighten electrical connections. Many people forget that their HVAC system is basically an electronic unit to some extent, and checking and tightening the connections can also keep your system running well and prevent breakdowns. Checking the wiring is another way to do this that’s just as important.
- Make sure your HVAC system is cycling properly. At 128 Plumbing, our HVAC techs are professionally trained to know the cycles through which your system operates, regardless of the model, the system, your energy needs and the size of your home.
If these cycles become irregular, it means something’s wrong, so making sure these cycles are occurring according to the manufacturer’s specs can prevent this from happening.
Improve Your Energy Efficiency with HVAC Service in Wakefield
One of the quickest and easiest ways to save money on your energy bill is to make sure your HVAC system is living up to its energy efficiency rating.
Here are the things that need to be checked to maintain your HVAC energy efficiency:
- Check the AC unit and do a tune up to verify energy efficiency
- Check the furnace in the fall and do a separate tuneup for that unit.
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Clean the coils
- Clean the drain pans and the tubing
- Make sure your burners are operating efficiency
- Calibrate your furnace and make sure you’re getting the settings you want all year round
- Test and verify the airflow
Lower Your Utility Bills With Wakefield Service and Repair for Your HVAC System
Increased energy efficiency isn’t the only benefit that comes with regular HVAC services. You’ll also lower your utility bills, as studies have shown that poorly maintained systems use 20 percent more energy during normal operation.
Here are a few of the specific services that will help you improve energy efficiency:
- Check and maintain the proper level of refrigerant
- Inspect and test the ignition system
- Clean the burners on your gas furnace if you have one as part of your HVAC system
Regular Residential HVAC Service Also Prolongs the Life of Your System
Today’s advanced HVAC system are typically built to last an average of 15 years or more, but you’ll have trouble getting that kind of extended life if you don’t do regular service.
Here are a few of the things that can extend the life of your HVAC system:
- Clean the dirty coils and fins that can impede airflow in your system
- Test and verify the airflow throughout your HVAC system
- Replace major parts sooner rather than later if they start to fail or work improperly
The Comfort Factor that Comes with Regular HVAC Service
You want your home to be a comfortable place, and HVAC services can help you keep it that way once you buy a new system.
Regulating the amount of humidity and verifying the temperature settings are two of the best ways to increase comfort.
It’s also important to make sure the system is cycling the way it’s supposed to, and to make the appropriate adjustments when it’s not.
Make Sure Your HVAC Service Company Does Employee Background Checks
When you get HVAC services in Wakefield, you want a reliable company with HVAC techs that are trained, bonded and insured. We do background checks on all our employees, including HVAC techs, and you should do the same with us.
To Get the Best Residential HVAC Service in Wakefield, Call 128 Plumbing
If you need HVAC service in Wakefield, you should definitely call 128 Plumbing. It’s one of our core services, and we can meet your seasonal heating and cooling needs year round.
To get the process started, call us at (888) 419-4233 or (781) 670-3261. We’ll answer your questions, schedule you for HVAC service and evaluate your overall HVAC system.
To get more information about how this works, you can also go to 128Plumbing.com and start a live chat. We also have some great blogs and articles about HVAC service and our maintenance plans, so make sure you meet your heating and cooling needs by giving them a read.