Wakefield Heating Services
128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric offers comprehensive solutions to maintain, repair, and install heating systems for both residential and commercial properties in Wakefield. From routine maintenance check-ups that ensure your heating system is running efficiently, to diagnosing and fixing issues such as uneven heating, loud noises, or unexpected breakdowns, the technicians are skilled in handling a wide range of problems. Additionally, if you’re in need of a complete system overhaul, they can guide you through the process of selecting and installing a new, energy-efficient heating unit tailored to your unique needs and particular service.
The technicians here at 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric bring over 30 years of experience and are top-quality, trained, licensed, insured, and skilled at installing any heating system. Not only do we bring years of experience, we make the process of all our services as simple, easy, and seamless as possible—end to end. Both our technicians and individuals in the office have you in amazing hands, that’s our promise.
By choosing 128, you’re choosing a partner for all your plumbing, heating, cooling, and electric needs. We aim for a 5-star experience every time with our easy two-step process.
- Call, text, message us or book online and mention what’s going on with your heating system
- We’ll schedule a date for the right technician for your home. It’s just $89 for a technician to come to your home, evaluate the issue, and give you your best options once getting a true understanding of what you’re looking to accomplish with your specific service. The tech will come with a fully stocked truck to help you same day, chose what’s best for your home, and complete the repairs!
Whether you’re looking for ductless heating, heat pumps, heating repair, or you’re eligible and looking to apply for a heating rebate, 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric will provide long-term solutions, custom options, and 100% customer satisfaction. You can rest assured that the technicians who perform your service will treat your home and project as if it were their very own.
888-CALL 128 CALL OR TEXT US TODAY
128 Heating Services
At 128, we offer support for your heating system in the following areas:
- Repair and replacement of water heating systems
- Ductless systems
- Heat pumps
- New boiler installations
- Oil to gas conversion
- Furnace repair
While our specialists can help you with any heating system issue for any type of heating system you may have, we specialize in the following service areas.
Heating Repairs and Services
If your heating system is malfunctioning or has broken down, it’s crucial to consult qualified experts like our team at 128, who can address issues across all components—be it your furnace, boiler, hot water heater, ventilation system, or even air conditioning. We’re equipped to diagnose and fix any problem you might have, ensuring optimal performance and reducing the risk of future breakdowns. Our long-standing experience and strong service reputation make us a reliable choice for all your heating repair needs.
Heating repair shouldn’t be viewed as an emergency-only service; regular heating maintenance can actually save you 5-15% on annual heating and cooling costs. The process often starts with a thorough inspection, including checking the thermostat and measuring airflow temperatures. Experienced HVAC technicians, such as those from 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, diagnose issues and work closely with electricians to address both mechanical and electrical problems. Simple fixes like replacing old filters and parts can greatly improve system performance and prevent costly breakdowns. Whether the issue is airflow, temperature, or electrical, a comprehensive diagnostic approach ensures that all problems are identified and resolved.
Heating Installation and Replacement
Upgrade your comfort and efficiency with our premier heating installation and replacement services! Whether you’re installing a new heating system or replacing an outdated one, our team of certified experts ensures a seamless, hassle-free process tailored to your specific needs. We work with top brands to provide you with reliable, energy-efficient heating solutions that will keep you warm for years to come. Don’t let an old system hold you back—invest in your home’s future with our professional and trusted installation services. Say goodbye to unexpected breakdowns and hello to cozy, cost-effective warmth.
Energy-Efficient Heating Options in Wakefield
For homeowners in Wakefield who are looking to reduce their energy bills and environmental impact, there are several energy-efficient heating options to consider, such as heat pumps, solar heating, and high-efficiency furnaces. Each of these heating systems offers unique benefits and applications, ensuring that there is a solution available to suit the needs and preferences of every Wakefield resident.
Some of the available heating systems include:
- Active solar heating
- Electric resistance heating
- Furnaces and boilers
- Wood and pellet heating
- Radiant heating
- Small space heaters
By choosing the right heating system, homeowners can enjoy the benefits of enclosed stoves over traditional fireplaces, such as better heat conservation. Wood and pellet heating systems also offer the advantage of being renewable energy sources, with modern stoves providing efficient heating.
Heat pumps are an energy-efficient heating solution for Wakefield homes that use electricity to transfer heat from one place to another, providing both heating and cooling capabilities. A heat pump offers:
- Energy efficiency
- Superior performance
In addition to the energy-saving benefits a heat pump provides, they’re easy to install and can provide supplemental heating in cold rooms and older buildings that lack ductwork. Geothermal heating solutions, which are environmentally-friendly and cost-effective, are another option for homeowners looking to upgrade their heating systems.
High-efficiency furnaces are designed to provide greater efficiency than traditional furnaces, using less energy to generate more heat. As a result, homeowners in Wakefield can enjoy:
- Reduced energy costs
- A smaller environmental footprint
- Significantly more efficient heating compared to standard furnaces
- Elimination of temperature variations
- Less noise generation
While high-efficiency furnaces may require a larger initial investment, the potential long-term savings on heating costs make them a worthwhile consideration for homeowners in Wakefield. By choosing a high-efficiency furnace, homeowners can enjoy the benefits of improved efficiency, cost savings, and a more sustainable heating solution.
Common Types of Heating Systems
There are several common types of heating systems designed to suit various needs and preferences. Boilers, furnaces, and heat pumps are the most common types of systems that generate heat.
Boilers and furnaces generate heat through the combustion of fuels like natural gas or oil, with a blue pilot light indicating proper function. Their heat is transferred to either air or water, which is then distributed through the home by integral components like radiators and hot water systems. These systems circulate hot water through pipes into radiators, warming rooms via convection. Regular maintenance of both the heat-generating units and the distribution systems ensures safe, efficient, and even heating throughout the home, optimizing comfort while minimizing energy use.
Heat pumps are energy-efficient systems that both heat and cool spaces by transferring heat between the indoors and outdoors. In colder months, they extract heat from the outdoor air or ground and transfer it inside to warm the space. During warmer periods, they work in reverse, removing heat from indoors and releasing it outside to cool the building. The system operates using a refrigerant that circulates through a cycle of evaporation and condensation, facilitated by a compressor and heat exchangers.
Common Heating System Problems
Heating systems are essential for maintaining a comfortable living environment, especially during colder months. But, like anything mechanical, they are subject to issues that can affect their efficiency and functionality. 128 can help you with any heating system problem you might have. Here is a list of some of the most common heating system problems homeowners typically encounter:
Inadequate Heat Production
- Symptoms: The system runs, but the heat output is not sufficient to warm the home.
- Common Causes: Dirty filters, poor air circulation, low thermostat settings, or problems with the heating element.
- Solutions: Replace the air filters, check the thermostat settings, and consult a professional for heating element repairs.
No Heat at All
- Symptoms: The heating system is not producing any heat.
- Common Causes: Faulty thermostat, electrical issues, or a malfunctioning pilot light in gas-based systems.
- Solutions: Check the thermostat’s settings and batteries, reset circuit breakers if necessary, or call a technician to fix the pilot light.
- Symptoms: Unusual sounds like banging, whistling, or humming coming from the heating system.
- Common Causes: Loose parts, air in the system, or mechanical wear and tear.
- Solutions: Tighten any loose components and bleed air from radiators or consult a professional for a more in-depth inspection.
- Symptoms: Some rooms are warmer than others.
- Common Causes: Blocked air vents, poor insulation, or an improperly sized heating system.
- Solutions: Ensure vents and radiators are unblocked and consider improving insulation. You may also need a system upgrade for more even heating.
- Symptoms: The heating system frequently turns on and off in short intervals.
- Common Causes: Overheating, incorrect thermostat settings, or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Solutions: Lower the thermostat setting, replace the thermostat, or check for overheating issues.
High Energy Bills
- Symptoms: A sudden increase in energy costs without a corresponding increase in usage.
- Common Causes: Inefficient operation due to maintenance neglect, leaking ducts, or an outdated system.
- Solutions: Regular maintenance, sealing any leaks in the ductwork, or upgrading to a more efficient system.
Blower Continuously Runs
- Symptoms: The fan in the heating system does not turn off.
- Common Causes: Faulty thermostat settings or a problem with the limit switch.
- Solutions: Check the thermostat’s fan settings or replace the limit switch.
Odors and Smells
- Symptoms: Unpleasant smells emanating from the heating system.
- Common Causes: Dust accumulation, mold growth, or gas leaks.
- Solutions: Clean and service the unit regularly. If you suspect a gas leak, evacuate and call emergency services immediately.
Reducing Energy Bills with Proper Heating Management
Proper heating management and maintenance can significantly reduce energy bills and ensure that your heating system is operating correctly. Some potential causes of elevated energy bills in heating systems include:
- Duct leaks
- Dirty filters
- Malfunctioning thermostats
- Other deficiencies
The recommended approach for minimizing energy bills associated with home heating is to:
- Combine appropriate equipment maintenance and upgrades
- Implement recommended insulation and air sealing measures
- Set thermostat to optimal settings and avoid frequent adjustments
Additionally, avoiding frequently adjusting the thermostat can help prevent the heating and air conditioning unit from operating more intensely, leading to increased electricity consumption and accelerated deterioration of components, resulting in costly repairs. Learn more about how you can keep your heating system working efficiently with 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric’s maintenance membership program.
Choosing the Right Heating System for Your Wakefield Home
Selecting the optimal heating system for your Wakefield home involves considering factors such as energy efficiency, cost, function, compatibility with your existing distribution system and home, and the impact on your energy bills and comfort. By researching the various heating systems available in Wakefield, homeowners can make an informed decision on the best heating solution for their needs.
128 for Your Wakefield Heating System Needs
By understanding the differences between the vast variety of heating systems, homeowners can make informed decisions about their unique heating needs. 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, becomes your partner in this process, providing homeowners with new heating systems that suit their needs best and that perform efficiently and reliably for years to come. Contact 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric today to request an appointment for your heating needs today.